Feb. 08, 2018
HARRISBURG – State Rep. Parke Wentling (R-Crawford/Erie/Lawrence/Mercer) announced today he will host a series of clinics across the 17th District to assist residents with filing for the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program.
“Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their income and rent or property taxes paid in 2017. Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with a permanent disability are eligible to apply for a rebate,” Wentling said. “The income limit is $35,000 a year for homeowners and $15,000 annually for renters, and half of Social Security income is excluded.”
Wentling asked that constituents bring all necessary 2017 documents with them, including copies of tax statements marked paid from the applicant’s county, school district and municipality, as well as any IRS 1099 forms. First-time filers will need to provide proof of age, and those who are permanently disabled will need proof of disability from the Social Security Administration.
In addition, a representative from National Fuel will be at many of the clinics with information and applications for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which helps low-income families pay their heating bills. The tiered income limits start at $17,820 for a single-person household.
Below is a complete list of when and where clinics will be held:
• Feb. 20: Federated Church, 11995 Main St., East Springfield, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Feb. 22: Girard district office, 142 Main St. East, Girard, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• March 6: Borough of Cochranton municipal building, 109 E. Adams St., Cochranton, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• March 8: Conneaut Lake district office, 395 High St., Conneaut Lake, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• March 13: Wilmington Township municipal building, 35 Auction Road, New Wilmington (Mercer County), 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• March 15: Hempfield Township municipal building, 278 S. Mercer St., Greenville, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• March 20: GECAC Northwestern Senior Center, 9 Academy St., Albion, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 814-756-5373 to make an appointment.
• March 27: New Wilmington Borough municipal building, 134 High St., New Wilmington, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 1-855-249-2427 to make an appointment.
A representative from National Fuel to discuss LIHEAP will be at clinics held on Feb. 22 and March 8 and 20.
For more information, please visit RepWentling.com
, or call 1-855-249-242.
Representative Parke Wentling
17th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Greg Gross